Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hard Rock Cafe Pune - Sucks


This should be the good place to share my experience on my recent visit to Hard Rock Cafe Pune.

I am a regular visitor of Hard Rock Cafe and have been to Mumbai, Bangalore, London HRC in past couple of years. Yesterday it was my second visit in HRC Pune, and hopefully the last one.

I went with one of my close friend (who is a frequent visitor of HRC too) had a very bad experience in HRC. We are Rock fans and wanted to chill out in HRC with some good rock songs. Having said that, I couldn't hear a single track except Sweet Child O' Mine.

I requested the DJ to play some Metallica, AC/DC, Pink Floyd songs (moreover the Rock Anthems, for which I always to go to HRC). But to my surprise he actually ignored the request. I have to write down on the piece of paper the band names that actually are played at other locations of HRC.

May be the DJ wasn't quite interesting to talk (coz he was playing all Bryan Adams and Adele and Robbie William songs). Well, I have to walk down to the entrance area to fill the feedback form just to make someone aware that "Dude ! It's Hard Rock Cafe" (Only place in the world where you can find Rock stuff from best bands in the world and can enjoy their music).

Well, I found someone near to Rock Shop with whom my friend was talking. He was good and was listening to us. We narrated him about us and our past experience in HRC. The DJ will play some rock he confirmed. Well there goes "Summer of 69" (good one). And then all of it started again and we felt to leave the place sooner we finish the beer. To express the feelings I did a thumbs down action. I didn't know the Pune HRC crew converts thumbs down to the middle finger action. And yes the worst story started then.

Never in my history of any Pub/Bar I have to talk to a bouncer. A group of 5 people (some where speaking in local language) surrounded us and started debating. One of the member initiated with a local slang which I don't want to mention. And yes first time in the history of my life I was thrown out of a Pub and I got scratched in my hand in that. The guards were insisting to call the local cops and to get me away.

I sadly have to say that "Love All, Serve All" doesn't make any sense in HRC Pune. I don't see any reason why HRC Pune is focussing on being commercial rather than maintaining what HRC really stands for. That is why they have the dance floor. And you can't dance on the Rock Songs, you can just bang your head.

I will continue visiting HRC but not in Pune and I will make sure none of my other friends should go to Pune HRC.

There are bit of other pubs one can think to visit, if they really want to go for Rock music

- Hidden Place
- Apache (sometimes it is better, but it sucks too)
- Blue Frog
- Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment